I have been working on these a little here, a little there for the past three months. Yes, you read that right, MONTHS. Those of you who know how fast I knit most likely don't believe it but I assure you, it is true.
I was given this yarn by Kara in late December to make her a pair of socks. I started them right away and got the first sock done in two days. The second sock was a different story. I started it; put it down for a week or two; started it some more; put it down to work on other things; started it; put it down after only a few rows after I realized that I had a project that HAD to get done before the super bowl ; then I didn't pick it up for over a month. Well, the time was now to get it finished. Saturday I picked it up for the last time and do you know that it only took me two hours to finish the sock?
Finally, I am done with them. I think what took so long was that I wasn't really happy with the needle size I used (us. size 8) because it made the stitches too far apart. I have never used that size needle before and I deffinately won't do it again. Usually I like to use a size 4 needle with Wool-Ease. It makes the stitches really nice and tight so I will go back and do that.
Okay, here is the low-down:
Yarn: Wool-Ease 1 and a half skeins
Needles: 4 DPN's size 8 US (5mm)
Size: Women's size 10 (cast on 50 stitches)
Pattern: Cuff down, basic stockinette stitch, heel flap, grafted toe
You know what is cool, this sock qualifies for my March sock in the SAM 3 and for my Sunday Socks!
OH YEAH, I forgot to tell you all about Vickie Howell. I will try and post about that next!
Happy Knitting Ya'll