Larger Than Life Bag (Interweave Crochet Spring 2007)
Design by Cecily Keim
Teacher: Marly aka Yarn Thing
Skill Level Intermediate
This modern twist on a granny square tote is not only eye catching but also a ‘catch all’. It can be used as a bag to go to the market, a fashionable diaper bag, or an over sized purse. The versatility of this bag makes it the MUST HAVE bag of 2007!
Now, I know you want to make the bag that everybody is talking about in the crochet & knitting community. Think you need a little help along the way? Have no fear I am here for you!
Come and learn how to expand on your basic crocheting skills and venture out into color changes, working in the round, and learning how to seam up granny squares. Beyond helping you develop your crochet repertoire you will learn how to line a bag using a sewing machine (don’t worry, machines will be provided if you do not have one).
So, what are you waiting for? Join this exciting class and get hooked on crochet and the LARGER THAN LIFE BAG!
Class meets: On August 21st, September 4th, and September 20th @ 6:30-8:30pm.
· Book: Interweave Crochet Spring 2007 (available at Knit Knack)
· Yarn: Any worsted weight wool or wool blend will work. Choose any colors that you find to be complimentary.
o Main Color (MC): 342 yards
o Color A (blue): 114 yards
o Color B (off-white): 114 yards
o Color C (lime green): 114 yards
o Color D (apricot): 114 yards
o Color E (purple): 114 yards
o Color F (pink): 114 yards
o Color G (rose): 114 yards
· Hooks Size H/8 (5 mm). Adjust hook size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
· Notions Yarn needle; 11⁄8 yd of 45" wide fabric for lining; matching thread and 18" zipper (optional); sharp handsewing needle.
· Gauge Finished block measures 61⁄2" square. 16 sc = 4".
*Friendly Reminder: Homework MUST be completed prior to each class to ensure we keep up with the schedule!*