Friday, November 21, 2008

Wrapped in Crochet by Kristin Omdahl

When I was at TNNA in Ohio this summer I saw a poster for this book and I was instantly in LOVE! I knew that if it was a book by KristinOmdahl it had to be good. She is a true talent in both the knitting and crochet world. Her eye for creative and cleaver crochet is unmatched. When it comes to her knitting all I can say is WOW.

Kristin’s patterns have graced the magazine pages of Crochet Today, Interweave Crochet, Vogue Knitting, Knit n’ Style, and Knitters. If that was not enough she has had designs in several books and with several top name yarn companies. She is white hot! But, most importantly, I am proud to call her my friend ;-)

Seriously, her patterns are outstanding and very well written. Go take a look at some of them…http://www.styledbykristin.com they are all wonderful.

Her first published book, Wrapped in Crochet, could not have hit the market at a better time. The fashion world has seen the reemergence of crochet which has crocheters looking for designs that look great on the modern woman. Kristin has heard the call and her answer is loud and clear!

The reader will find a stunning collection (click here for a preview) of up to date crocheted pieces in Wrapped In Crochet. Kristin’s eye for detail and her skill with the hook shine in each and every pattern. However, it is not the same old double crochet scarves and single crochet shawls. Kristin is fearless and is able to use a variety of techniques when she designs her awesome garments. Truth be told, that is my favorite part of this book…the techniques!

Let’s get real…I have a LOT of books so I know what I like and don’t like about a book. What I HATE and I get really sick of is buying crochet books only to have the same old stuff shown to me. You know what I mean? If you are like me and want to see some “new” or at least beyond a granny square then this is it! The techniques are bit more advanced it is in this book and I do not feel like it was “dumb’ed down”. “What do you mean Marly?”, you ask.

Lace Stitch Patterning…Prima Ballerina
Colorwork…Labyrinth
Tunisian Crochet…Zeena
Hairpin Lace…Tressa
Broomstick Lace…Guinevere
Corkscrews…Blaze
Front & back loop only tiered flowers…He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
and original motifs to Kristin…Maya

It is all here! Whether you are looking for a statement piece or a more subtle, classic cover-up you will find it in Wrapped in Crochet!

Do I think this book is worth a look at…definitely!
Do I think you should own this book…is that not clear?

There is no excuse not to get Wrapped in Crochet.

!ORDER IT HERE!!



No comments: