Friday, May 25, 2007

Blogger Friend Hook Up

I have been doing this blog consistently for almost a year and in that year I have made some really great friends from all around the world. The best part of making these friends is getting a chance to meet some of them.

Here is a little story about one such encounter (is that the right word? She is not an alien or anything).

One of the first blog friends I made was a girl who actually lives here in Colorado too! I thought it was so cool to actually connect with another person who shopped at the same yarn stores as I do.

Anyway, after months of sending emails back and forth she and I wound up in the same yarn store a few Saturdays ago. Her name is Allegra!

Allegra is a violinist in the Colorado Symphony! Isn't that cool? Knowing her somehow makes me feel like I am a part of high society. I don't know why and I know it sounds stupid but I do :-)

Okay, here is the story...

I was at Knit Knack in old town knitting with some of my Arvada Knitter friends when a woman walked in with a violin case over her shoulder. I made eye contact with her when she walked in and said hello (because I am friendly like that). She smiled back at me but continued to go into the store and start to look around at the yarn.

Now, Allegra is also part of the Arvada Knitters and non of the other knitters had met her either so they didn't know if it was her when I asked them if they thought that was her. Nachaele told me to shout out her name and see if she turned around. So...I DID!

"Allegra" like I was had turrets or something. But it worked. Allegra turned around and asked if the violin gave it away.

She came over and sat at the table to chat with us. We talked and laughed and laughed and laughed so more!

It was so much fun to finally meet somebody whom I have been talking to for literally months! In a wierd bizzaro way we know each other; you know?

When we were leaving and saying good-bye Allegra says to me "ya, I gotta go and play an opera tonight".

I started to laugh and said, "ya, I know what you mean. I have to go home and change a sh*tty diaper!"

Anyway, if you get a chance to connect with other blogger friends in your town in a knitting group you should check it out! It was a lot of fun!

Marly

6 comments:

Victoria said...

that is way cool...i hope to meet some of the knitter friends i have made from blogging...ty for sharing your story...

oh hey just thought of something...i had been reading someone's blog for awhile and then at the monthly knitting club meeting at the lys...one of the ladies there said something about here blog ...and "oh? i have a blog too...what is the name of your blog" she said..."its called Knitty Otter" ....i had been visiting her blog for ages ...and there she was city next to meLOL...we have been hanging out playing yarn since then!

Just remeber that!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool and weird at the same time. Like something out of the twilight zone. What fun!

Kelly said...

That sounds like it was so much fun! Most of the people at our LYS don't know what a blog is! Had a great time chatting on Skype last night!

Kelly

Allegra said...

Very cool Marly! And I actually don't hate that picture of me!!! I am hoping to meet up at Knit Knack NEXT Saturday, finally, I hope we can all visit!!!

Jean said...

What a wonderful story! I hope *I* get to meet you someday. ;)

buttercup said...

Meeting knit bloggers is the best! So glad you met one of your online friends.