Thursday, May 17, 2007

Summer Knitting Goals!

Okay Ali, here they are. It took me some time to really think about them but I think I finally have a list of things that I can actually accomplish (ya right)...

Here is the deal everybody Ali is having a contest and I want to win :-)

Here is the 411- all you have to do is:

1.) Leave a comment on Her BLOG letting Ali know what color you want and mention who's blog you heard about the contest on...hello...MARLY aka YARN THING!!

2.) Then head to your blog and post a list of your summer knitting goals (there may be an end-of-summer contest of some sort to celebrate summer knitting accomplishments...) and mention this contest (with a link to this post- http://www.skeinsherway.com/2007/05/pre-summer-contest.html)

3.) Lastly e-mail Ali with the link to your post! (ali AT skeins her way DOT com) Be sure to mention in your post for anyone who follows your link to let her know what blog they jumped from as every 'referral' will earn you another entry! ( I know you won't let me down!)

Contest will run through the end of the month (May) and her talented children will draw three winning names (or secret blogging identities) out of a container of some sort on June 1st.

What can we win? First place winner will receive 1 copy of the tank pattern along with 4 hanks of Blue Sky Dyed Cotton in their choice of colors (I like Chocolate Brown)! Second & third place winners will each receive a copy of the pattern and whatever other goodies happen to jump into the package just before sealing and sending!


Summer Knitting (or related to knitting) Goals 2007

  1. Jill and I will have our website up and running efficiently by mid June!
  2. I will have patterns written for at least 6 more purses/bags!
  3. A book proposal will be submitted by the end of summer!
  4. Finish (and start) the PeaPod Sweater!
  5. Socks, Socks, Socks! Want to knit more socks...I don't care how many
  6. Keep the podcast Fun and Entertaining
  7. Knit Caden a sweater for his first year of pre-school in the fall.
  8. Knit Allura a sweater for Kindergarten in the fall.
  9. Teach John (yes, my husband) how to knit...long story that I will explain very soon.
  10. Crochet a baby blanket for my best friend who is having her fist baby (a little girl).
  11. Crochet a baby sweater and booties to match baby blanket!
Okay, I think that is it!

Make sure to mention to Ali that I sent you!

Let me know if you are joining in on the fun!


Marly

7 comments:

Jean said...

Excellent goals, girl!

Jenn said...

Quite an impressive list! This sounds like a great contest!

-Jenn
http://www.rhymeswithsocks.blogspot.com/

Guinifer said...

Hi Marly!
You commented on my goals blog so I just had to come and say hi! I actually just added your Podcast to my itunes library! Yay and welcome!

Alison said...

Great list- good luck!
Thanks for participating- I hope we can all cheer each other on.
Happy knitting-
ali

knitting2relax said...

Heck of a lot of goals there Marly. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the new website. It looks like it's going to be great!

Anonymous said...

Yay Marly! Good luck--especially on the book proposal. I bet you're really excited about that!