Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Crochet Dishcloth Free Pattern #4

!!!FREE PATTERN!!!


Last pattern ya'll. This has been fun but I am ready to get back to our regularly scheduled program. You know WIP's, story time, contest, yarn adventures/mishaps/happy accidents...you know, the stuff that keeps us all interested/ing!!! Anyway, without further adieu...

Never had I made a dishcloth before the other weekend. Actually, after the Harlot story I was a little afraid to make any!

But I told myself that I could do it and I did. Because I like the HARDINESS of the fabric that crochet makes I chose to use that method of stitching for my dishcloths. Figuring it wouldn't be very hard to pick a few stitch patterns that looked cool I pulled out my Crochet Stitch Bible and began to work them up.

This particular dishcloth was not devised from a stitch I saw in the book. I actually really like the way the single/double look and always excite me whenever I use it. So, why not use it again? Only this time, on a dishcloth.

Dishcloth #4: The Single Double

Yarn: 2 oz ball of Sugar n Cream in Ecru (Didn't use whole ball)

Hook: size H/8 5mm

Stitch Guide:
chain
slip stitch
single crochet
double crochet


Abbreviations:
  • ch - chain
  • sc - single crochet
  • sp - space
  • st/sts - stitch/stitches
Finished Size: 19cm wide and 21.5cm high

Multiple of Stitches: 4 stitches + 2 (add 1 for foundation ch)

Pattern: Ch 30
  • Row 1: 1 SC in 2nd ch from hook, 1 DC in next ch, *1 SC in next ch, 1 DC in next chain, repeat from * to end, CH 2, turn (28 sts).
  • Row 2: *1 SC in dc st, 1 DC in sc st, repeat from * to end, CH 2, turn (28 sts). If you notice you are just making sure you SC on top of the dc in the previous row and DC in the sc of the previous row.
  • Repeat rows 2: 21 more times.
  • Last row: repeat row 2 only DO NOT CH 2 at the end of the row. Instead, finish off.

That's it! Easy huh?

So now you know how to make 4 different dishcloths.
These are fun, simple, and easy!
Need a project break, work on one of these. It does the trick!


Hey, let me know if you make one, k?

2 comments:

Melody said...

Tag. your it.. I tagged you for the 7 things meme... i didn't u done it yet :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the dishcloth patterns!