Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"It itches". Book Review

I am always scared when I get a book from a publisher to review. What if I don't like it? What if I would rather give it back than look at it again? What if I have absolutely nothing good to say about a book? What do I do...do I offer my honest opinion?

Well, good thing I don't have to worry about this with this book! I just got"It itches" by Franklin Habit today. I took the last 30 minutes to read through it and had a hell of a laugh!

Perfect book for any knitter...and not that much money! It retails for $12.95! In today's economy that is perfect!

To be honest, I am not a regular reader of Franklin's blog so I was not sure of what to expect from this book. Now that I have read it...that Franklin is one funny mofo! He hits the nail right on the head with these cartoons!!! My favorite is on page 15. Read the book and you will see what I am talking about :-)





Seriously...This is the cartoon that needs the caption


(Reprinted with permission from Interweave)

Do I know Franklin? Funny thing is that when I was at TNNA 08 in Ohio I actually go to meet Franklin. But, at the time I did not know it was him. Here is the story!

I was getting off of the van from the convention center and the driver was insistent upon helping me get out of the van. As I stepped out of the van I made a comment, to no body in particular..."he just wants to look down my shirt!". Just then...the man who had been standing there knitting a sock and waiting for me to get off the van looked at me and said..."don't they all?"!!! LOL!!! Yep, it was Franklin himself!


xoxoxox
marly

1 comment:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Very cool that you got the book for review! I really want to get this one. Franklin is so funny on his blog! Great story about meeting him at TNNA :D