Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sock-o-ramma

Soctoberfest is finally here and I am so excited. I woke up this morning and immediately cast on the yarn to make the matching sock to Morgans little sock. Sigh...the needles feel so good in my hands early in the morning. It is a good day when I can wake up and get a few rows in before the kids wake up.

I was on my way when I looked at the clock and realized that I had to get ready for church. Then, I pondered...a little smirk came across my face as I was grabbing everything to walk out the door. When my hand reached out instinctively for my knitting bag the devil on my shoulder was saying do it...bring the sock to church and work on it during the sermon. Could you imagine? The pastor would be completely appalled at the sight of me sitting the front row working on my sock for the socktoberfest.

Just then, my husband said "Don't you even think about it!" I quickly passed up my knitting and grabbed my Bible. Then I looked at him and said "What?" Oh well, I guess I have to take a little brake. :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow this comment doesn't surprise me, I guess that I am going to have to learn how to knit socks :-)