Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Time? What time?

Sometimes life gets so busy that I feel like I forget to breath. It is only when I take a breath that I can see that I need to slow down and clean my house!

Since school started my days have consisted of getting up at 5:30-6:00 am (depending on the amount of sleep I need) getting breakfast ready, getting the kids ready, getting out the door to school which is 30 minutes away (but totally worth the drive), dropping off Allura, chatting with my dear friend Jenni (here is a picture of her and I in her back yard...Isn't she pretty?), going to my grandmothers, getting her ready to go to the bank, grocery store, bible study, doctor's appointment, or just out...Depending on the day, then I go and pick up Allura and either eat lunch with grandma or go home and make lunch, get the kids to nap time and then...then I have a decision to make. Do I take a nap myself, sit down and watch Knitty Gritty and knit a bit or do I do my house work?

Well, for the past week I have chosen to nap and because of that my knitting and my house have suffered for it! I am no further along on ANYTHING! In fact, I am behind even more since my 2 1/2 year old son decided it would be fun to take the knitting needles out and unravel a scarf I am making for an old co-worker of mine! And my house...Don't get me started on my HOUSE!

Let's just say that my kitchen hadn't been really CLEANED (you know, pull out the stove and clean the floor, clear out the refigerater of things that are growing kind of clean) in two weeks. So, I started to clean it on Saturday. I figured since John was at a gold tourney I would have enough time to get it all done. WRONG...I not only didn't finish but it looked worse than when I had started. This was because in the middle of my cleaning I decided I would clear out some of my cabinets of the stuff I really don't need. Needless to day, along with the normal dingy dishes I now had cookbooks, pots and pans, food, and plastic containers littering my kitchen countertops and floors. UGHHHHH!

Sunday, didn't go to church (I know, I know) and started to clean the kitchen again. All day long, a little here and a little there I would clean. I kept taking little breaks to watch football and (and take a nap) never really took the time to just get done so once again I didn't finish.

Monday, for some unknown reason the boys were up all night long and I didn't get to bed until 4:00 am so I made an executive decision and kept Allura home from school so we could get some sleep and I could just focus on my kitchen. I cleaned that thing all day long...Finally finishing last night at 7:00 with John's help. He graciously cleaned the floor for me with the mop because he knew I was just exhausted. Can I just tell you what a great husband I have?

Man, it sure feels good to have a clean kitchen. I woke up this morning to a fresh pot of brewed coffee (I set the delay start last night), a clean countertops and a floor I could walk on barefoot without Lucky Charms sticking to my feet. With my Kitchen done I only have to clean my bathroom which won't be too bad since I have kept up with it and vacuum the upstairs. Once all that is done I will be able to get back to my knitting.

Okay, so I gave you all of that to say, I don't have any updates on my (knitting) projects but I have been busy :-)

No comments: