So, the other day I was trying to think of a name that could describe all the legions of followers of the Yarn Harlot. There are so many that I thought it was only fitting that there was a name to describe/categorize/brand them. Who are these people you ask...come on, you know the ones I am talking about:
- the ones who live and die by her every post.
- the ones who go through withdrawal symptoms when she skips a day or two from posting. (btw: the only anecdote for this is purchasing LARGE amounts of yarn until she post again)
- the ones who can't read the new post fast enough because they want to comment first.
- the ones who feel so close to Stephanie that a: they call her by name and b: they write a comment on every post no matter the length. It could be two words (you rock) or a freaking letter.
- they feel commenting on her blog is like talking to a friend ;-) because we know she reads each and every one of them.
Well, after pondering these type of people I came to one conclusion. There is only one name that says it all. Harloony! I thought it was really funny and fit well. My husband actually calls me a Harloony because I am always checking her blog to see if there is anything new so he gets the credit.
However, I am the one who is trying to make it stick to not just me but to others (I know you are out there) Even better, when she is on TV (Knitty Gritty) we can say we are watching the Harloony Tunes (get it...Loony Toons?).
I am proud to call myself a Harloony! (does that make me a groupie?)
Let me know what you think :-)