Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Yarn Bee

Dear Executive in charge of sales at Hobby Lobby,

First and foremost, I want to thank you for supplying us knitters and crocheters with such a wonderful and affordable yarn; Yarn Bee. The cost per yard is something that is not only astonishing but not budget breaking. Now, I have to warn you, this is a letter like no other you have ever gotten so you better sit down.

Yes, this Yarn Bee Yarn is glorious; however, here lies the problem. The past few weeks (five to be exact) you have had astronomical sales advertised for this great yarn. Sales that simply can't be rivaled by the other national yarn companies (Lion Brand, Patons, Bernat). Believe me, they are trying but who can beat 200 yards of GLORIOUS eyelash yarn for .99? Not me I tell you. Just when I think you are going to cool down you put an add out like this.

YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME TIME TO REPLENISH MY BANK ACCOUNT AND USE UP SOME OF MY STASH BEFORE YOU NEXT SALE!

I have no more money and worst yet...no more room. My craft room/office was once well organized and I had a good grip on my stash. Now, well, look at it...complete chaos.
There are bags and bags and bags of wonderful Yarn Bee Yarn and I have officially run out of room. The Rack is full, the Bins are full, Under the bed is stuffed...and I don't dare open the closet door. What else am I to do but ask you to please...take a break. Go on vacation. Take some time and finish a knitted sweater before you put on another sale. I am thinking...a few...months. That should give me enough time to destash and perform a little Stash Smackdown.
This is a plea that must not go unheard.


PLEASE, help me help you!

Sincerely you devoted customer,

Marly

P.S. When you are putting on a sale please make sure all the stores are well stocked in the yarn...especially the one in Denver Colorado.

4 comments:

Melody said...

wow. you need an intervention. HA! i showed this to hubby, mine is NOTHING in comparison. he was super happy.

Anonymous said...

I don't dare show this to my husband - I was so tempted when I went there this week - But I only bought one skein of yarn - But I might have to go back -
You do need HELP! :-)

Jenn said...

MARLAINA CORBET YOU ARE IN TROUBLE!! I got in to serious trouble for going past my 'curfew' the day-evening I helped you get this together. I am truly speechless to even comment further but you are not off the hook - a scorn is still coming! The picture of Grandma & Josiah is perfect!!! She has to have a 5x7 framed copy!!

YarnThing said...

Jenn, no worries...it really isn't that bad! I am starting to take control of it today!

Marly